Press release -
Karpaz Gate Marina Opens New Gallery Leisure Facilities
Karpaz Gate Marina, the first international-standard marina resort in North Cyprus, has opened exclusive new leisure facilities.
Marking the latest significant phase of growth for the €120 million development on the island’s Karpaz peninsula, the additional amenities include ‘The Gallery’, comprising of a 20m indoor pool and jacuzzi, new gym and corporate conference rooms. Karpaz Gate Marina has also opened a Yacht Club, with lounge, kitchen, play area and meeting room.
Annual and winter berth holders, as well as visiting boat owners from across the world, can now enjoy the expanded leisure opportunities alongside the new on-site boutique hotel which has completed its first season of operation.
Liza Singer, Managing Director, Karpaz Gate Marina Resort, said: “The opening of the latest leisure facilities takes Karpaz Gate Marina to the next level, enhancing the complete and special experience we offer for all boat owners. We are proud to open up the beautiful North Cyprus cruising area to the sailing community with the highest standards of berthing services, leisure facilities, technical capabilities and accommodation. Sustainability and respect for our natural surroundings remain a priority, so our clients can enjoy farm-to-table produce, crystal-clear water in the marina and other eco-friendly initiatives. We look forward to welcoming more yachts and superyachts, and to providing sailors with a home port, a gateway to the East Mediterranean, a warm winter base with easy access to the Turkish coast or a stop when passing through the Suez Canal.”
Exclusively available to marina and hotel guests, The Gallery’s luxurious indoor pool area, with surrounding lounge chairs, plus showers and changing rooms, is conveniently located near to the marina office on the promenade. The building connects through to the gym, fully equipped with weight and aerobic machines. Two corporate meeting rooms have also been added, complete with audio and visual equipment.
The new Yacht Club overlooks the marina on the east side of the resort, providing a welcome meeting place for boat owners and crew.
The latest facilities all feature the ocean-themed design flair and attention to detail which are synonymous throughout the resort, created to provide visitors with a unique and memorable experience, with the highest standards and service, in a natural, peaceful Mediterranean setting. The extra leisure options complement the hamam and spa, which opened earlier in 2022, and the established Beach Club, with 33m infinity pool, private beach and watersports centre.
Karpaz Gate Marina also operates a RYA Training Centre and offers charter opportunities on sailing and motor boats, with associated packages available at the 52-cabin hotel. Creating a full-service destination, the extensive repair and maintenance capabilities available at the marina’s Technical Centre and dry dock area include designated workshops and storage areas for clients to rent.
The island of Cyprus is attracting more interest from the yachting community as investment in the marina and yachting infrastructure continues to increase. However, the transformation is most notable in the less developed North Cyprus region due to the Karpaz Gate Marina development.
Five Gold Anchor-rated Karpaz Gate Marina is an official Port of Entry and is consistently recognised in the annual TYHA Marina of the Year Awards.
For more information about berthing, call the marina office on +90 533 833 7878 or email email@example.com.
For further press information, contact:
Karpaz Gate Marina
Office Tel: +90 533 833 7878
Tel: +44 (0)1202 669244
About Karpaz Gate Marina and Resort
Our Vision: Karpaz Gate Marina’s vision is to introduce the less travelled areas of the Eastern Mediterranean to the yachting sector, to lead the development of this region to create a widely recognised and attractive yachting tourism destination, and to establish the marina as the leading homeport in the Eastern Mediterranean.
- Location: the northern shore of the Karpaz Peninsula in North Cyprus, 20nm west of Cape Andreas and 48nm east of Girne (N35 33.5’ E34 13.6’)
- Awards: Karpaz Gate Marina was named The Yacht Harbour Association’s (TYHA) International Marina of the Year Runner-up in 2018, 2019, 2021 and 2022, and the 2017 International Marina of the Year Winner; TYHA’s rating of 5 Gold Anchors was received in July 2013; ICOMIA Clean Marina standard achieved in July 2013
- Berths: 300 accommodating up to 60m vessels, including 15 berths for superyachts
- Berth services: power and fresh water available for every berth; TV connection; high speed Wi-Fi to all areas of the marina
- Security: 24/7 CCTV and security personnel throughout the marina as well as access control and access cards for each marina area
- Boat Yard: 18,000 square metres of dry storage area, with modern and fully-equipped workshops and a 300-ton travel lift accommodating yachts with a beam up to 10m. Services include: yacht painting, carpentry, hull repairs, anti-fouling (including Coppercoat application), polishing and varnishing, teak work, engine and reduction gear servicing, rudder system servicing, navigation equipment servicing, electrical works
- Fuel: Euro diesel and gasoline available
- Duty Free status: includes duty-free prices on fuel, technical services and supplies, as well as berthing fees
- Yacht Club: boat owner and crew meeting place with lounge, kitchen, play area, meeting room
- Yacht Charter: sailing yachts and motorboats available for full and half day trips
- RYA Training Centre: Ocean Yachting RYA Training Centre offers theory and practical courses
- Port of Entry: marina office provides full assistance with clearance procedures
- Hotel: on-site boutique Karpaz Gate Marina Hotel featuring nautical design, with 52 cabins, each with terrace or balcony views, including 44x32sqm Standard Cabins, 4x58sqm Family Corner Cabins, 4x58sqm Corner Suite Cabins
- The Gallery: 20m indoor pool, jacuzzi and gym are exclusively available for marina and hotel clients; 2 x corporate meeting rooms with tables, chairs, audio and visual equipment
- Hamam and Spa: treatment rooms, saunas and tradition hamam
- Beach Club: with 33m Infinity pool, watersports centre, private beach with cabanas, children’s pool and play area, restaurant and bar
- Hemingway’s Resto-Bar: serves international and traditional cuisine all day on the promenade
- Fitness studio: for pilates, yoga and other classes
- Events and occasions: music events, weddings, parties, business meetings
- Shore services: on-site mini-market, chandlery, laundry room, international currency ATM
- Concierge: airport transfers and border pass assistance, transportation around the island, tours, activities, car rental, all personal assistance
- Freshwater: produced on site
- Pollution controls: waste water collection and treatment plant; solid waste collection stations; bilge water collection service; waste engine oil collection stations; independent desalination plant on site
- Cruising locations: there are miles of sandy beaches, coves and bays along the north east coast of Northern Cyprus, with Famagusta (67nm) and Girne (48nm) a short sail away. The nearby southern Turkish coastline includes the harbours of Alanya, Antalya, Marmaris and Bodrum. In just under 300 nautical miles, it is possible to reach Rhodes, gateway to the Greek Islands
- Sustainability: solar plant, recycling, on-site vegetable and herb garden, green house and nursery
- Group membership: ICOMIA Marinas Group (IMG); ‘Destinations’, a network of exclusive marinas established by ART Marine Marinas
- Contact: Marina Office on VHF Channel 10 ‘Karpaz Gate Marina’. The marina also listens on Channel 16
- 2023 offers*: packages include a free haul out, hull wash and anti-fouling application with 21 days hard standing for annual berth holders; VIP care package; ‘Freezing Option’ to suspend annual contract; Flexible package to berth in water or dry dock *Terms and Conditions apply