Press release -
KARPAZ GATE MARINA AWARDED PRESTIGIOUS PLATINUM STATUS
Earning its place among the world’s best marinas, Karpaz Gate Marina has been awarded 5 Gold Anchor Platinum accreditation by The Yacht Harbour Association (TYHA). The prestigious accolade is the highest distinction attributed under the renowned global Gold Anchor Scheme marina rating system.
The North Cyprus marina resort on the island’s beautiful Karpaz peninsula becomes only the eighth marina to receive the Platinum honour from TYHA following a rigorous assessment process. There are currently 12 other Platinum marinas worldwide, including those reviewed by the Marina Industries Association (MIA).
Reserved for the most comprehensively appointed luxury marinas, the elite status gives trusted assurance to the most discerning clients that Karpaz Gate Marina provides an outstanding array of facilities and consistently delivers exceptional customer services.
TYHA also named Karpaz Gate Marina as the 22nd marina to be accredited under its new Clean Marina scheme, proving continual commitment to sustainability and the protection of the ocean environment.
Liza Singer, Managing Director of Karpaz Gate Marina, said: “We are proud to achieve Platinum and Clean Marina status and to join an elite group of trusted high-level marinas around the world. This is a significant landmark for Karpaz Gate Marina and I would like to pay tribute to the dedication of our team and the years of hard work which have been required to meet the high standards.
“Since opening, we have strived to uphold superior standards of facilities and services, to offer great attention to detail, impeccable cleanliness, personalised concierge services, imaginative design, sustainable operations, and a continued commitment to improve – all to ensure our berth holders enjoy a unique and exceptional experience here at Karpaz Gate Marina. Recognition from TYHA’s trusted global assurance system is hugely rewarding and, importantly, it is an accolade trusted by international boat owners for peace of mind when they select their marina.”
The marina industry’s highest award represents the latest success achieved during a remarkable 12 years for Karpaz Gate Marina, the first international standard marina in North Cyprus and a pioneering resort development in one of the lesser-known regions of the East Mediterranean.
Opening up the TRNC cruising area to international sailors since 2011, the full-service 300-berth marina soon established a reputation for outstanding leisure and berthing facilities, personalised service and full technical capabilities, winning 5-star reviews from berth holders. Meticulous expansion in recent years has created the full marina resort available today, complete with boutique hotel, hamam and spa, and a range of other amenities for boat owners.
Tony Dye, CMM Gold Anchor Assessor, commented: “The team at Karpaz Gate has worked towards gaining the prestigious Platinum award for the past 5 years. Liza Singer, MD, has been the driving force behind the award. She has been instrumental in taking guidance on what facilities could have been improved and added, in addition to increasing customer service levels. The addition of the luxury Boutique style with extensive spa and treatment facilities gives a new dimension to what Karpaz can offer to the most discerning customer.”
Established more than 25 years ago, the Gold Anchor Scheme is a formal quality assurance system operated by two leading professional bodies in the global marina sector – TYHA, based in the UK, and the MIA, located in Australia. To fly a Gold Anchor flag, a marina completes a self-assessment process across six areas of focus: ambience; planning, policies and procedures; customer service; environmental; on-water facilities and infrastructure; onshore facilities and infrastructure. To gain Platinum status, a marina must score 95% after the assessment process that includes direct feedback from a sample of berth holders and mystery shopping checks.
There are currently 12 other Platinum marinas worldwide under the joint TYHA/MIA scheme: Limassol Marina, Porto Montenegro, Yas Marina, IGY – Yacht Haven Grande St Thomas, Flisvos Marina, Yalikavak Marina, Marina de Vilamoura, Coral Sea Marina Resort, Birkenhead Point Marina, Sanya Serenity Marina, ONE°15 Marina Sentosa Cove Singapore, and Sanctuary Cove Marina.
Given the high standards required of 5 Gold Anchor Platinum Marinas, TYHA now require all marinas with this accreditation to conform to the TYHA Clean Marina standard. Marinas must prove best practice for the basics such as blackwater capture and treatment, correctly managing segregated and hazardous waste, spill prevention and treatment, washdown capture and filtration, drain interception, using sustainable products and preventing plastic pollution, and influencing tenants, contractors and boaters to be more sustainable.
Karpaz Gate Marina has always placed sustainability and respect for the natural beauty of the unspoilt area at the heart of operations. It has an on-site nursery, vegetable and herb garden and green house providing fresh produce straight to the plate. To encourage green energy, an on-site solar plant supplies over half of the total electricity usage, while ecological and recycling initiatives include minimal usage of non-recycled materials like plastics. Creating an aquarium in the marina basin, a no fishing rule is in place to protect the wildlife and preserve the crystal-clear water.
To receive details about Karpaz Gate Marina’s 2023 packages or for a customised offer, call the marina office on +90 533 833 7878 or email email@example.com.
For further press information, contact:
Karpaz Gate Marina
Office Tel: +90 533 833 7878
Jules Riegal or Charlie Bulloch, Saltwater Stone
Tel: +44 (0)1202 669244
About Karpaz Gate Marina Resort
Our Vision: Karpaz Gate Marina’s mission is to introducethe less travelled areas of the Eastern Mediterranean to lead the development of this region to create a unique Home, Haven and Heaven on Earth for guests by land and sea.
To achieve the high standards required and to be able to realize our vision, we recognize the importance of upholding the dedication and commitment of our well-trained, motivated and enthusiastic team of employees.
We are committed to making a difference, both for all of our clients as well as for our local community in the remote and beautiful area of the Karpaz.
We are Different, Better, Special.
- Location: the northern shore of the Karpaz Peninsula in North Cyprus, 20nm west of Cape Andreas and 48nm east of Girne (N35 33.5’ E34 13.6’)
- Awards: Karpaz Gate Marina was named The Yacht Harbour Association’s (TYHA) International Marina of the Year Runner-up in 2018, 2019, 2021 and 2022, and the 2017 International Marina of the Year Winner; TYHA’s rating of 5 Gold Anchors was received in July 2013 and the rating of Platinum and Clean Marina status in April 2023; ICOMIA Clean Marina standard achieved in July 2013
Karpaz Gate Marina won booking.com’s Traveller Review Awards 2023; two LUXLife awards, a Restaurant Guru award for Hemingway’s and a TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice award.
- Berths: 300 accommodating up to 60m vessels, including 15 berths for superyachts
- Berth services: power and fresh water available for every berth; TV connection; high speed Wi-Fi to all areas of the marina
- Security: 24/7 CCTV and security personnel throughout the marina as well as access control and access cards for each marina area
- Boat Yard: 18,000 square metres of dry storage area, with modern and fully-equipped workshops and a 300-ton travel lift accommodating yachts with a beam up to 10m. Services include: yacht painting, carpentry, hull repairs, anti-fouling (including Coppercoat application), polishing and varnishing, teak work, engine and reduction gear servicing, rudder system servicing, navigation equipment servicing, electrical works
- Fuel: Euro diesel and gasoline available
- Duty Free status:includes duty-free prices on fuel, technical services and supplies, as well as berthing fees
- Yacht Club: boat owner and crew meeting place with lounge, kitchen, play area, meeting room
- Yacht Charter:sailing yachts and motorboats available for full and half day trips
- RYA Training Centre:Ocean Yachting RYA Training Centre offers theory and practical courses
- Port of Entry:marina office provides full assistance with clearance procedures
- Group membership: ICOMIA Marinas Group (IMG); ‘Destinations’, a network of exclusive marinas established by ART Marine Marinas
- Contact: Marina Office on VHF Channel 10 ‘Karpaz Gate Marina’. The marina also listens on Channel 16
- Cruising locations: there are miles of sandy beaches, coves and bays along the north east coast of Northern Cyprus, with Famagusta (67nm) and Girne (48nm) a short sail away. The nearby southern Turkish coastline includes the harbours of Alanya, Antalya, Marmaris and Bodrum. In just under 300 nautical miles it is possible to reach Rhodes, gateway to the Greek Islands
- 2023 offers*:packages include a free haul out, hull wash and anti-fouling application with 21 days hard standing for annual berth holders; Easy Come Easy Go ‘Freezing Option’ to suspend annual contract; Flexible packages to berth in water or dry dock; Technical Package; Discounts for renewing clients *Terms and Conditions apply.
- Hotel: on-site boutique Karpaz Gate Marina Hotel featuring nautical design, with 52 cabins, each with terrace or balcony views, including 44x32sqm Standard Cabins, 4x58sqm Family Corner Cabins, 4x58sqm Corner Suite Cabins
- The Gallery: 20m indoor pool, jacuzzi and gym are exclusively available for marina and hotel clients; 2 x corporate meeting rooms with tables, chairs, audio and visual equipment
- Hamam and Spa: treatment rooms, saunas and tradition hamam
- Beach Club: with 33m Infinity pool, watersports centre providing kayaks and SUPs, private beach with cabanas, children’s pool and play area, restaurant and bar
- Hemingway’s Resto-Bar: serves international and traditional cuisine all day on the promenade
- Fitness studio: for pilates, yoga and other classes
- Events and occasions:music events, weddings, parties, business meetings
- Shore services:on-site mini-market, chandlery, laundry room, international currency ATM
- Concierge: airport transfers and border pass assistance, transportation around the island, tours, activities, car rental, all personal assistance
- Freshwater: produced on site
- Pollution controls: waste water collection and treatment plant; solid waste collection stations; bilge water collection service; waste engine oil collection stations; independent desalination plant on site
- Sustainability: solar plan, recycling, on-site vegetable and herb garden, green house and nursery
- Hotel and activity packages include: Golf & Relaxation; Gourmet; Wellness; Sail; Pilates, Yoga and Mindfulness Retreat
- North Cyprus sites and attractions include: Karpaz National Park, Golden Beach, St Hilarion, Kantara and Buffavento Castles, Apostolos Andreas Monastery, the ruins of Agia Trias Basilica (Siphai Village), the Ancient City of Salamis, Famagusta old city, Kyrenia (Girne) old harbour, Kyenia Castle and the Shipwreck Museum, Nicosia (Lefkosa) old city, Alagadi Turtle Beach, Bellapais Village and Abbey, Five Finger Mountains and Ayios Philon Church. An abundance of shops and restaurants and interesting attractions are available at the main hubs of Famagusta (Gazimağusa), Nicosia (Lefkoşa) and Girne (Kyrenia).